The refurbishment process at we carry out here at Wheel Em In can generally be summarized into 13 steps from removing the wheels through to refitting, However this may differ slightly depending on the service you require.
1*. Wheels Removed
2. Tyres Removed
3. Valves Removed
5. The wheel is washed in a heated wheel wash system
6. Acid dipped to remove previous coatings
7. Rewashed to neutralise acid
9. chemical etch Phosphate
10. Pre heated to out gas and sterilise surface
11. Powder coat primed, rebaked
12. Powder coat color, rebaked (Diamond cutting if required at this point)
13. Powder coat clear, rebaked
The wheels are then allowed to cool until they are manageable, new valves are fitted and tyres (if applicable) and then rebalanced and fitted back onto the vehicle (again if applicable)
*At the beginning of the wheel removal all wheels are checked for flat spots, cracks and trueness (buckle) if any defect is found at this stage we will contact our customer and inform them on the defect to decide appropriate course of action. If we cannot contact you and the problem could be a safety issue (such as a crack or a flat spot and/or buckle) we would take a photo of the damage and repair if possible (at additional cost)
In rare cases where we deem the wheel beyond repair we would not continue with the refurbishment as a matter of safety first.
Providing no issues at this point the process can continue.